Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Weekend

Happy Monday! Is it just me or does it seem as though xmas went by really fast? This holiday was like no other because we got to share it with our baby. When I was pregnant I wondered if he'd make his appearance before the holiday and he surely did. Donnie turned 1 month on Christmas Eve and I swear that month flew by so fast! Christmas was great for us this year we took Donnie over his Nana and Papa's house (my parents) for xmas dinner and to open presents. For someone who wasn't supposed to arrive until New Years Eve he made out really well with xmas gifts! Then Sunday was the hubs birthday. We kept it pretty simple and just ordered take out and chilled. It was really our first night by ourselves with just the baby so it was nice to bond with my husband taking care of our son. My hubs finally got to see the personality that I keep saying Donnie has, he was a hand full (but what new baby isn't?). It was nice when my husband said "I have so much respect for you and what you do" and he went on to say he doesn't know how a person could do this alone. It felt good for him to finally understand that taking care of a new baby isn't a easy task but I wouldn't have it any other way. I just wanted to pop in with a quick post! I hope your holiday was a great one! I leave you with a picture of Donnie in his Santa Suit that he wore on Christmas...it's it the cutest thing ever?

1 comment: