Friday, October 9, 2009

Reception

Sorry It's been a few days between posts but I haven't been feeling too good. Anyways after we left the park we headed to the reception which was all of 3 minutes away. As soon as we arrived I headed to the bathroom to prep and freshen up for my entrance and had my bustle done. I was ready!
The music started playing for the bridal party but half of the song went before their names were called! I was getting ticked! It was restarted and that went fine, so it was our turn. We entered and I was so excited (as you will see in a pic below). However I did notice when we entered that NO ONE was standing! Yes they were clapping and cheering but is this the new norm or did I just have some lazy guests? I've always seen on TV where the bride & groom were announced and everyone was standing. Anyways we had our first dance (which went by really fast for us at least), then I went straight into my father/daughter dance. Some people do things differently nowadays, like waiting until after dinner for dances, or not even doing a father/daughter dance. I however wanted to remain traditional on this aspect and that was the least my father deserved for all his has done for me throughout the years and honestly I envisioned that moment since I was a little girl.



Next dinner was served and when they say you never get to eat your own food they were right. We could have but was just so excited that food was the last thing on my mind (even though I had only had a bagel for the WHOLE day, but I was running on a natural high). While guests ate we made our rounds instead of doing a traditional receiving line. I think this is SOO much better and more personal way of thanking guests.


The rest of the night went really smooth and we danced and partied ALL NIGHT! We had some guests seriously not wanting to leave at the end of the night and was trying to figure out what to do next, even though our reception was 6.5 hrs long. It just confirmed that they had a really great time. I received so many compliments throughout the day and it was really nice to see that all of my planning was well received by some many (of course there were a few haters (afterwards) as we say but that's sometime the best form of flattery!) Despite the hiccups from the rain and the little problems here and there I would not change one thing from the day.


This is my nephew dancing away @ only 10 months!




My younger cousins all wanted to dance with the bride (so cute)!



Non Pro Pic: Caught in action dancing!


Non Pro Pic: End of the night with my beautiful mother (hence the fallen curls)


Have a happy weekend! I'll be back next week with Detail Pics and words of advice (if wanted, I know I loved getting them from others besides family who swore they new everything)!

No comments:

Post a Comment