Friday, June 26, 2009

A Motown Legend

As you all may know we lost a legend, an icon yesterday. I was in utter disbelief when Momma Motown called me in tears saying that Michael Jackson had died. With my blog being named My Motown Marriage, it's obvious that Iam from Motown City (Detroit). I was born here, raised here and despite the reputation the city gets from outsiders it's a really great city. This is where Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, Supreme's, The Temptations, Smokey Robinson and countless others got their big break. I often ride past Hitsville USA knowing that my city is apart of history.
When I say growing up in Motown you listened to Motown Artists. Momma Motown would play Michael Jackson's songs EVERY day in the morning as she got us ready for school. She was like his ultimate fan, it's not one thing that she doesn't know about him, she has every album, has a scrapbook of all Michael Jackson memorabilia. She loved him so much that yesterday I went to the city to check on her, she was heartbroken. Yes she didn't "know" him but MJ was the kind of person that touched so many lives, so many grew up listening to his music. He is truly one of a kind. Seriously what artist do you know that fans literally faint from just seeing him?


I got up today still thinking it was all a dream, but it's not and there's a void in my heart, in pop culture's heart. He will forever live on and is the Greatest Of All Time.





Rest in Peace Michael, I love you dearly


- Motown Bride




I'll be back on Monday to share pictures from my Shower on this Saturday! We will have MJ in full rotation too! What's your favorite Michael Jackson song?

No comments:

Post a Comment