Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Follow your Instinct!

Since Thursday night, I had been feeling pressure in my lower abdomen...it would come and go and sometimes it was so powerful that it took my breath away. First thought was this must be Braxton Hicks contractions. So I googled bh symptoms and it didn't match what I was having. This pressure only lasts for 1-2 seconds, not the typical 15-30 seconds that bh last. Then I thought wow this must be Gumdrop kicking me! So of course as a first time mommy I was excited. Yes I had been feeling him since wk 15 but never kicks. As the weekend past I began to think that he's to small to do this kind of kicking. He's only 1 lb! So I began to worry. On top of this feeling I got two shocking like sensations on the right side of my body. It was so intense it woke me up out of my sleep! I kept debating should I call the OB on Monday? It's probably nothing.

Well after getting another shock on Monday morning, I decided I needed to call the doc! They told me to come right in. Once I got there they did all the routine stuff ( collect urine, weight, blood pressure etc). The OB came in did an exam, said everything looked good, cervix appear closed everything. Then when I thought I was free and clear she said there was blood in your urine. I started panicking. WTH did that mean?
I hadn't noticed any bleeding. She explained that I wasn't bleeding from my lady parts (whew) but it was just in the urine stream. She decided it was best that I be sent over to the hospital to have an ultrasound done. I was scared. I called my husband trying my best not to worry but I was. I decided to head to my mom's house for reassurance. Of course like me she burst out in tears, asking what happened. Called my big brother crying to him asking that he pray (this is his first nephew). So we did only what we knew best, we called on God that everything be okay with Gumdrop, citing Matthew 21:22

"And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, shall receive"

Now we waited until 3 p.m. when my ultrasound was scheduled for.

2 comments:

  1. I am praying for you my dear! everything will be okay! Pregnany is a Journey my dear! But it's well worth it in the end! Much love to you!

    Brandi P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness! I can't imagine how you were feeling. You know you're in my prayers honey!

    ReplyDelete