Tuesday, September 15, 2009

National Grandparents Day

This past Sunday was National Grandparents day. I've never celebrated it before because until this year I didn't know it existed. As you all know my Grandmother passed the week following my wedding. Actually today it's been exactly one month since she passed. It's been hard for me trying to cope and adjust to married life all at the same time. I will say that Mr. Motown has been extra extra supportive! Back to the point; On Sunday the grandchildren all went over my grandparents house to spend time with my grandfather and clean and cook for him. He was so surprised and something so small met the world to him. I was just happy to spend time with him. Losing a grandparent isn't easy at all but my heart goes out to my grandfather. I couldn't imagine losing my husband and we've only been married a month, him and my grandmother had been married 61 YEARS before she passed. I hope me and Mr. Motown can have any kind of love and longevity they had.

I would like to share with you the last picture of my grandmother, at my wedding. They say pictures say a thousand words and they sure do!




1 comment: