Tuesday, September 8, 2009

What's In a Name? Part II

Last week I mentioned that I was going to change my name. Well I was able to do part one of that last week. I went to the Social Security office and was in and out within TEN minutes! I've always heard horror stories about how the lines at the SSO are so long. Well luck must have been with me that day. So once I got to the counter the process was painless, I handed the lady my certified marriage license, she typed in the information, printed the form for me to look over and sign it and that was all. The only downer is that I was told that I'd have to wait a day before going to the Secertary of State so that my information could be updated in the system. At first this wasn't a problem until I got home later on that night.
Later on that night I was watching the news and their was an annoucement that all State offices would be closed on Friday for a furlough day (I live in Michigan). Not to mention that this was the holiday weekend so offices were also closed on Monday. Nevertheless the process of changing my name has been delayed temporarily. I plan to go this morning to finalize this process. Some may think it's not a big deal but I don't want to have one name filled for the SSO and another one for SOS so yea it's kinda important that I don't prolong it. So today I should officially be Mrs. Motown (document wise)!
Side note: I was talking to a relative that married last year who said she has yet to change her name! I know some of us are busy but geez it seriously doesnt take 365 days to get something as simple as this done :)

No comments:

Post a Comment