Thursday, October 7, 2010

Totally Bombed

That's right I failed my 1hr glucose test from last week. That's the reason I've been on a short hiatus, as I've been trying to cope with this. I'm scheduled to go in for my 3hr on Monday and the results will take a week to come back. I felt like such a failure and cried so much yesterday that when I woke up this morning my eyes were sealed shut and puffy. After reaching out to some mommies that I chat with I'm trying to remain positive.

I've heard that nearly 85% of those who fail the 1hr test pass the 3hr. I hope the odds are in my favor. Regardless I want Gumdrop to be healthy, so if that means making some lifestyle changes for 12 wks then so be it. I will say that my husband has been really supportive over that last 24hrs. He said that whatever I had to change so would he and we would get through this together as we do everything else. It's great to have a support system. He's even trying to get someone to cover the beginning of his 12hr shift so he can go with me for the 3hr. I told him he didn't have to but he said that I shouldn't have to go through this alone...such a sweet man :).

So for the next three days starting tomorrow I'll be on this special diet before the test and I can't eat or drink anything after midnight before the test. I had some Chipotle for lunch as that may be my last time having it for quite some while lol. I just keep telling myself that it could be much worse so on that note I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment