Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Rockers and Gliders

I would like to start off by saying thank you to the readers that chimed in regarding the dresser issue. Some even posted alternatives which I appreciate! I'm thinking the best route to go is ordering the crib first, seeing it's actual color in person (I hear it's darker than pictured online) and deciding from there. The part I don't like is getting a "lifetime" crib but not "lifetime" dressers. Don't get me wrong I understand nothing will last a lifetime but I'd like to buy a dresser that will get him past the baby years because once he grows those 3 drawer options won't be feasible, then I'll be right back to looking for a dresser that matches the bed! So it's like why not get it out of the way now instead of  what I foresee as wasting money.

Up next is checking out rockers and gliders. I'm leaning toward a glider because they seem to be more budget friendly and we are kinda limited on space. I went to BRU (babies r us) a while ago and tested out a few. Most of them ranged from $300 plus in the store so of course I wanted to go online to see if I could get a better deal. Here's some I have my eye on:


BRU $179.99


 BRU $219.99


Walmart $139 ( I love that it has pockets on the side)

Target $199.99


Target $179.99
All of them are rated at least 4 out of 5 stars. The first three are by Storkcraft, the fourth one is Graco and the last one is by Shermag. What I do like is that they all include the ottoman so that's one less thing to purchase. Jump in with your favorite pick/least favorite, brand reviews, things I should look for since all of the ones pictured are available online only so I can't go and "test" them out.

Oh and if I was to spluge on a rocker it would be this beauty!


At $429! Want the ottoman add another $150!

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment